05 August 2010

Junebugs

The summer flies by seemingly with a will all its own. April showers, May flowers, June bugs, July heat making way for August splendor.

Book 1) Boelyn: Tudor Vampire by Cinsearae S. was a modern and interesting angle to the much written story of Anne Boelyn. Anne's much maligned character gets some further tweaking along the Vampire way. It's a quick, unexpected and fun read and it's most definitely English.

Book 2) A Year in the World by Frances Mayes.The travel genre has definitely a specialized band of followers, myself included. Travel writing is awfully fun for me to read because I've been fortunate enough to travel to some of the countries I read about. Some of the countries I've studied and Mayes lives and travels in them!! How jealous am I of that! Second best to being there is Mayes books! Total recommend!

Book 3)The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer. Finally something from Meyer!!! It's about time too!! There are so many characters in the Twilight series that could be a series or novellas all their own. Bree's sad story not only fills out even more the depth of characters but also opens the way for some others. If only Meyer will explore them soon!

Book 4) The Queen's Man-Sharon Kay Penman. A Medieval Mystery...not only does Penman research thoroughly but she brings history to life in a very entertaining way. This is the first in the series about the character Justin de Quincy. Set in the 12th century and in England so I enjoyed the time as well as the mystery. I'll be looking for the next in the series.

Book 5) Wide Open by Jeremy McGrath. Not in the least bit English or historic unless you consider how he singularly changed the sport of Supercross. His vast achievements on the track and in the air are only surpassed by his personal exploits.
The story is very entertaining for those who love Supercross.

July was a total wash-nothing finished. Perhaps I'll redeem myself in August!!

No comments: